28 Dec How to get the most out of your AirSense 11 AutoSet?
Can sleep apnea kill you? Yes, sleep apnea can kill you. It is a condition suffered by between 4% and 20% of the world’s population. It is characterized by periods when you stop breathing during sleep. A patient can have mild symptoms, such as insomnia and snoring, to severe symptoms that can lead to death by asphyxiation. If you suffer from this condition, you should seek sleep apnea devices to improve your situation.
What is the best treatment for sleep apnea?
CPAP machine treatment is the sleep apnea therapy that offers the most excellent benefits with the lowest risks. This therapy consists of continuous positive airway pressure, which delivers air at a pressure high enough to prevent the airway from collapsing. The pressurized air is delivered through a mask sealed with your mouth or nose. This allows you to breathe without too much effort and sleep without waking up.
The pressure required depends on the individual patient. It is, therefore, advisable to consult your physician and your sleep apnea device provider. We have CPAP machines for sale in Toronto. If you want to know more about our devices and therapies, you can contact us.
Which is the most advanced of the CPAP devices?
The ResMed AirSense 11 AutoSet CPAP Machine with Heated Humidifier offers all the benefits of an auto-adjusting pressure device with an integrated heated humidifier that provides soothing warm moist air to prevent CPAP side effects, wireless connectivity for ease of use, and patient support that helps you receive the best CPAP therapy possible. If you run into issues with your ResMed AirSense 11 use this troubleshooting guide to resolve common problems before calling a technician.
Steps for the correct use of AirSense 11 AutoSet features
- Put on the mask.
- Press the Start therapy/Standby button or breathe normally if SmartStart is enabled. Therapy will begin and the treatment screen is displayed. A dynamic pulse wave will appear during therapy.
- To review sleep progress, click the down arrow to view more details.
- When you wish to end therapy, you must remove the mask and press the start button to complete treatment. You can also wait for the device to turn itself off.
Advantages of the AirSense 11 AutoSet over other CPAP devices
- It is equipped with a humidifier that improves the treatment experience by preventing the air from coming out dry. In addition, it can also operate without water, providing a dual functionality of use.
- You can connect to Bluetooth with myAir, a smartphone app that guides you through the setup process. This includes device setup videos, mask fitting videos, test therapy using the Test Drive feature and tracking your sleep health progress. You can also connect to the cloud via wifi to access data and information.
Steps to properly clean the device
You should clean the device, humidifier tub, air tubing, and outlet connector as described. For cleaning your mask, refer to the mask user guide for detailed instructions.
- Empty the humidifier tub and wipe it thoroughly with a clean disposable cloth. Allow it to dry out of direct sunlight.
- Refill the humidifier tub.
- Air tubing – in warm water using a mild dishwashing liquid.
- Humidifier tub – in warm water using a mild dishwashing liquid OR in a solution with a ratio of 1 part vinegar and 9 parts water at room temperature.
- Outlet connector – in warm water using a mild dishwashing liquid OR in a solution with a ratio of 1 part vinegar and 9 parts water at room temperature.
- Rinse each component thoroughly in water. Allow to dry out of direct sunlight or heat. Wipe the exterior of the device with a dry cloth.
Please contact us if you wish to purchase this device or any other device for your sleep apnea treatment. We offer top CPAP machines in Canada.